This presentation covers:
1. Pre-Columbus presence of Muslims and early voyages, maps, and documentation.
2. Islamic principles underlying the U.S. Constitution and its significance.
3. Islam’s emphasis on securing individual rights as it pertains to the Declaration of Independence, (e.g., key phrases such as “all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights”)
4. The African Muslim experience and view on slavery pre-America.
5. Muslim American contributions to society